We've got stories to tell
Digital Media Specialist
Who we are
Pathlight's mission is to partner with people with intellectual disabilities to create opportunities and to build relationships throughout their lives. We use social media as a tool to increase media representation of people with disabilities, share resources for families and people we serve, and establish ourselves as experts in the field of disability.
The Digital Media Specialist plays a crucial role in ensuring that Pathlight’s social media presence is a reflection of our values.
Skills & Abilities Required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), WordPress, and film editing software
- Knowledge of social media and online reputation best practices
- Familiarity with web design and content management systems
- Excellent analytical and project management skills
- Excellent writing and editing skills with a proven ability to create compelling copy
- Additional qualification in web design or animation is a plus
- Outside and/or inside contacts involving carrying out organization policy or programs and influencing others where improper handling will have a marked effect on results. Considerable tact required.
Knowledge & Experience Required
1. BA or BS in marketing/English/PR/Journalism/Communications or other related field
2. At least one year direct experience executing day-to-day digital media programs with demonstrated ability to work independently.
3. Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation/vehicle.
Program Hours and Location
Monday – Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m
Main office is in Hadley, MA
Requires occasional evening and weekend availability and travel to Pathlight program locations.