Get your application in today!
We are excited to announce that the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism has once again generously funded a grant program for underserved low and moderate-income families. The focus of this grant is to enhance the quality of life for people with autism. The $13,200.00 that Autism Connections has been awarded will provide allocations to families of children with autism and may be used for a wide variety of purposes related to best supporting the individual.
Families that meet the below criteria will be eligible to receive a $300.00 stipend to purchase items or fund activities that empower, enhance and provide opportunities for their child with autism. This grant cannot fund the purchase of iPads.
Those applying for the grant must meet the following criteria:
- Low to moderate household income
- Must be a family of a child or adult child with a diagnosis on the autism spectrum residing at home
- Must be living in Hampshire, Franklin, Hampden Counties, or the Worcester County towns of Royaltson, Athol, Petersham, and Phillipston
- Must NOT be receiving services through the MA Autism Waiver Program
- Must NOT be receiving services through the DDS DESE Program
- Must NOT be receiving Adult DDS Services
- Must NOT be receiving services through the DDS IFFS Program
- Must be willing to turn in receipts from funds used and submit a thank you note to the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism
You can find the application online at surveymonkey.com/r/flutie2017. If you need a hard copy of the application, please call our office.
Applications will be accepted beginning on June 1, 2017. ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JUNE 30, 2017 AT 5:00 PM. Notification letters will be sent out in the month of July.
Thank you to the Doug Flutie, Jr. Foundation for Autism!